Monday, April 27, 2009

A trip to Aurngabad














































Thursday, 27-Apr-2009
I was planning to go Aurangabad for some times but unable to do so for one or more reason. I have been there before and I find place so much beautiful that I have decided to come back in future. another reason is I want Dhara to Visit that place.

Finally day arrived when I got 3 days continuous leave in Company. Date were 10,11,12 April 09. As usual it was last moment planning, you can not expect me to plan in advance. So I was not getting confirmed rail ticket for Mumbai to Aurangabad. frankly I never prefer travel by bus, but circumstance is such that I have to travel by Bus. So I booked Volvo AC - Sleeper. Against my thought it was wonderful journey as bus is superb(Volvo), Clean and specious. I must mention that I enjoyed journey very well. We depart at 10 pm. on 9th april from Sion and reach Aurngabad at 7.30 am. I have booked MTDC tourism resort in Aurangabad for 2 days.

Resort is located at ideal location. near to railway station and bus station. MTDC has good resort, I can recommend this resort to all.
Same day we have booked MTDC's tourist bus for one day sight seen which includes devgiri fort (Dualtabad Fort), Ellora, temple, Bibi-Ka-Makbara. Charge is 200 pp. It was good deal. Guide provided by MTDC is good and having good knowledge of all the places. Dultabad is very nice fort and famous for it's security measure taken while building fort.

Next Ellora, Ellora is name of town near which there are 40 odd caves was built durign 7 to 9th century.First word came out from me is Wow, First few caves are Budhdhas, next few caves are Hindus, and last few caves ar Jain. Caves are made by cutting mountain with use of Hammer and Kill. I simply do n't understand that how it(Cave) could be built by people during that time. Even in todays time we won't be abel to create marvel like this. It is truly Man Made Marvel, I must rate this ahead of Tajmahal(agra) which was built in late16th century. Cave 14 or 16 is Kailash Mandir, a hindu temple, a big factor for me to visit this place again. you can say I was in Aurangabad to see this mandir only. Kailash Mandir is far, far better than all these Swaminarayan mandir(Gandhinagar, Delhi), Lotus temple Delhi) which was built recently. it is unique peice of creativity. There were number of elephant, Lion, tiger are sculptured bu cutting rocks. If have to pick any one cave from all Ellora and Ajantha Cave, it is surely Kailash Mandir. every one need to visit this place.

Bibi ka Makbara is also good sight. It was copy of tajmahal that waht people say. I am quite and disagree with it. It looks like Tajmahal, but most portion is made by PoP(Plaster of Paris).

Next day we went to Paithan, 90 km away from Aurangabad. It was good place. in Paithan we went to Dam, Paithan Garden. I have not seen many dam, but I can bet paithan by far the best dam I have visited, and I am sure it will remain best for future, Paithan Garden is identical copy of Vrindavan Garden, in evening we seen musical Fountain show in garden. It was treat to watch it. Paithank is famous for it's Paithani Silk Saree. I was extremly lucky that Dhara did not find any good saree, Punjabi Dress which suit her. Otherwise you know what I mean....

Final Day, on 11 Apr we went to Ajantha, a place which tops the chart in man made marvel list. All efforts and word are short to describe beauty of this place, Caves, Location. I must mention that Government are doing great job in order to protect this world heritage sight. I have seen many new positive developments compared to my last trip which is a god sign.

We return Aurangabad around 6.30 in evening had dinner and went to railway station to catch our train. we arrived Dadar (mumbai) in early morning 6.30 pm on Monday.


It was nice trip, I must suggest everybody to visit this place if not.

1 comment:

Dhara said...

I am very impress by reading your blog , it seems like me to be in aurangabad again. Pick it up dear